Thursday, September 15, 2011

I like those trashy magazines at the checkout lanes in places like Walmart and the supermarket

I like those trashy magazines at the  checkout lanes in places like Walmart and the supermarket. It’s how I keep up with celebrity gossip and who Jennifer Anniston is dating. It’s almost never necessary to actually open the magazine (unless you NEED to know whose cellulite ridden bottom is being featured on the Enquirer this week). The corny/cheesy/and ever so occasionally clever headlines pretty much tell it all. And,  in honor of all the sugary sweet trash being circulated in retail, I dedicate this post’s subject. Isn’t it awful? I think so too.
In my last post, I mentioned that I’d talk about the trends I’ll be following this fall. Let me say that my style develops about as fast as that of a nun. I JUST started wearing tights last year and only bought my first pair of kitten heels about 3 months ago. Oh and I prefer to wear all black as often as I can. Once, (this is a true story), I was doing homework in a restaurant, tucked into a booth hammering away about something community college related when a couple of ladies asked me if it would be ok to sit outside. They mistook me for the maitre-d/server because I was wearing all black. How do I know for sure? They told me it was because I was wearing all black. Oh well. And yes, they could indeed sit outside. God I bet that never happens to Elie Saab.

No comments:

Post a Comment